Once you Sign Up for an account and receive your security code (via post or email), you can send money to an Inmate in a participating location via this website.
A credit or debit card is required and once the transaction is successfully completed, your money is electronically delivered to the establishment, the next business day.
You can send money from anywhere you like - home, work, library, an internet cafe even. Please note some IP addresses and locations may be blocked to ensure the security of our website.
Yes! From your registered email address, please email us 2 forms of ID that show your name and address i.e. Drivers Licence (front and back), Utility bill, Concession Card, Payslip. A photograph or scanned copy of the 2 forms of ID is acceptable.
Once we confirm that the name and address on both forms of ID matches the name and address provided on your account, we will email you the security code.
Unilink require address verification before allowing customers to transfer money for the first time; this enables us to ensure Secure Payment Services remains secure.
If you are unable to email us a photograph or scanned copy of your ID, you will need to wait for the Security Code to arrive via the post. Unilink require address verification before allowing customers to send money for the first time; this enables us to ensure Secure Payment Services remains secure.
Once you are registered on our website a payment can be made by setting up a recipient, entering your security code, specifying the amount you’d like to send and then paying with a Debit or Credit Card (MasterCard or VISA) via our payment provider.
The funds are then transferred electronically to the establishment and a record of the payment is sent directly to the establishment itself for allocation to your recipient. Funds are sent to the establishment the next business day.
The money will be processed by Secure Payment Services and transferred to the establishment the next business day. It is then up to the establishment to allocate the funds to your recipient.
Secure Payment Services is very secure, payments are processed automatically by sophisticated software and Unilink do not store any of your credit/debit card details.
Unilink Software Ltd operators of Secure Payment Services, follow PCI compliance requirements and all the correct procedures required by law. Our payment gateway is also PCI DSS 2.0 compliant.
In order to provide this service there are a number of costs that we must cover, these are laid out below.
- Processing Fee: 3% + $0.58
- Card Payment Fees: 0.77% of total amount
- Transfer Fee: $0.36
So, for example, to send $10.00 the total amount payable would be $11.32:
$10.00 amount + 3% (processing fee) = $10.30
$10.30 + $0.58 (processing fixed fee) = $10.88
$10.88 + 0.77% (card payment percentage fee) = $0.08 + $10.88 = $10.96
$10.96 + $0.36 (transfer fee) = $11.32
Please check the following if your payment does not go through and shows as incomplete.
- Ensure there are sufficient funds in your account.
- You are using a MasterCard or VISA issued by your bank. Prepaid cards or EFTPOS cards will not be accepted.
- Please enter the name exactly as it is written on the card, when it asks you for the Cardholders name.
- Ensure the number, dates and security digits from your card are correctly entered.
- Leave the issue number field blank, unless your card has an issue number (like a Medicare card does).
- We have initiated 3D Secure on our site, a box will appear from your bank to enter digits that your bank will SMS to you (OTP) or ask you to enter a password you will have set up with your bank. If you do not remember the password please contact your bank for further assistant.
- Our website has added security and all information is checked, this will include email addresses.