Unilink Software Limited
ARBN 600 764 234
Policy Revision Date: April, 18th, 2023
1) Your privacy is important
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding Your personal information and how We will treat it. By using Our services, You accept and consent to the practices described in this policy. By providing any personal information to Us, You acknowledge that You understand and clearly consent to such use and disclosure as set out in this policy.
If You have any queries in relation to this policy, You can contact Us anytime at: email@example.com.
2) What information do We collect?
We may collect, hold and use personal information about users of Our Website and persons whose information is uploaded onto the Website by any person, business, company or organisation who has access to, or uses, the Website.
The kinds of personal information We collect and hold may include the following kinds of personal data:
- information that You provide to Us for the purpose of registering with Us including but not limited to Your name, email address, telephone number, residential address and other contact details, correspondence You send to Us, and billing information;
- Your activities on Our Website, including information relating to any transactions carried out between You and Us on or in relation to Our Website, and any information relating to any purchases You make for the goods or services;
- information that You provide to Us for the purpose of registering to Our Website and services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- information that You provide to Us by using Our services, such as information about Your location, name, address, recipient details, telephone numbers or other transactional information; and
- any other information that You choose to send to Us.
3) How do we collect and store Your information?
We will generally collect personal information about You by way of collecting information You submit to Our Website, forms and other documents or information provided to Us by You. We may also collect and send personal information about You from service providers and other third parties as part of providing Our services to You, such as payment processing providers.
We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of Your personal information, including by taking the following actions to protect Your information:
- all personal information You provide will be stored on Our secure servers;
- any identification documents that You provide via email for the supply of the security code required to access Our Website will be immediately deleted once the security code has been provided to You; and
- you are responsible for keeping Your password and user details confidential. We ask that You do not share Your password with anyone.
We hold Your personal information in electronic form. We have in place steps to protect the personal information We hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
4) How do We use Your information?
- to enable Us to conduct and improve Our business, including to improve Your browsing experience by personalising the Website and monitor who is accessing and using Our Website;
- to communicate with You, provide customer support to You (including trouble-shooting) and/or receive feedback from You regarding Our services;
- ensure that content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your device;
- provide You with the information and services that You request from Us and, if You agreed to this during the order process, to give You information about similar services that We provide;
- send statements, invoices and receipts to You;
- to manage the payment and recovery of any amounts payable to Us by You;
- send You general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send You general commercial communications about goods or services that may interest You, where You have opted-in;
- send You email notifications which You have specifically requested;
- notify You about changes to Our services;
- provide support, deal with enquiries and complaints made relating to Our services or Our Website;
- personal information, including Your name, address and telephone number will be disclosed with any transaction to or received from the Correctional Centre(s), Prison(s), Centre(s) or Recipient(s) via Our Secure Payment Services service;
- to fulfil any request by the Justice Department, Corrective Services, Correctional Centre(s), Prison(s), Centre(s) and associated bodies;
- provide third parties with statistical information about Our users. This information will not be used to identify You or any individual user; and
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with Our ordinary functions and activities.
We will not without Your express consent provide Your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We will only use sensitive information for the purposes for which it was provided or for a purpose directly related to such purpose, unless You agree otherwise or the use of such sensitive information is required or authorised by law.
Information that We collect may be stored, used and processed in or transferred between any of the countries in which We operate, in order to enable Us to provide services to You. All information will be handled in accordance with the Privacy Act and all applicable laws. We currently operate in Australia and the United Kingdom.
5) Do we share Your personal data with third parties?
We may share Your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with You or where We have another legitimate interest in doing so, including if We are required in connection with the purposes listed above. On this basis, We may disclose information about You to the following types of entities and for the following purposes:
- third parties operating or managing Our Website on Our behalf. This includes countries outside Australia purely for the purpose of providing Our services. By submitting Your personal data, You agree to this processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy;
- Our associates and related entities and other third parties who provide Us with services in connection with Our business;
- at the request of Correctional Centres, Prisons or Corrective Services departments in which You have sent, or attempted to send, a transaction to, where a transaction has been received or where Your recipient is located;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend Our legal rights including but not limited to providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk;
- any industry body, tribunal or court or otherwise in connection with any complaint made about You or Us;
- any entity involved in a purchase or transfer of all or part of Our assets, shares or business; and
- other entities with Your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We take all reasonable steps to protect Your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted to Our site; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once We have received Your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6) How do You access or correct Your personal information?
If You become aware of any inaccuracies in Your personal information which We process on Your behalf or such personal information is incomplete, You have a right to request that such inaccuracies are rectified. You may do so as follows:
- You can access and correct any information We store about You by logging into Your account and updating information on the ‘My Profile’ section of Your account; and
- to change Your name or email address stored in Our system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from Your registered email address. If You no longer have access to Your registered address, please contact Us at email@example.com.
The Privacy Act gives You the right to access information that We hold about You. You may obtain access to personal information which We hold about You by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting Your request to PO Box 3455, Port Adelaide, South Australia, 5015, Australia. On receiving Your request, We will endeavour to provide You with such personal information as soon as reasonably practicable.
No charge will apply for You to access Your information, unless Your access request is considered to require excessive or manifestly unfounded amounts of staff time, postage or use of an intermediary is required at which point You will be notified in writing or via email of the fee before We process Your request. We may require You to verify Your identity and specify what information You require before completing a request for access. There may be occasions when access to personal information We hold about You is denied. Such occasions would include where release of the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others. Where We decide to reject Your request for information, We will provide You with Our reasons for such rejection as soon as reasonably practicable.
7) Accuracy and completeness of personal information
Whilst We endeavour to ensure that the personal information collected from You is up to date, accurate and complete, We presume that any personal information provided by You is free from errors and omissions. You may request that We update or vary personal information that We hold about You in accordance with the process set out above.
8) How long do We store Your information?
We store Your personal information for as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes of providing You with Our services. If You have not logged into Our Website for a period of at least 13 months, any of Your personal information that We have stored may be removed, unless We are required by law to store that information for a longer period of time. Your personal information may also be removed if:
- if it is no longer necessary for Us to retain Your personal information (e.g. You no longer require access to Our Website); and
- if You have withdrawn Your consent for Our processing of Your personal information, You may have Your personal information removed from Our systems on request. If You request Your personal information to be removed, Your ability to use any of Our services will end.
9) Cookies and other website related information
10) Third Party Websites
11) Your rights
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to:
- know why Your personal information is being collected, how it will be used and who it will be disclosed to;
- have the option of not identifying Yourself, or of using a pseudonym in certain circumstances;
- ask for access to Your personal information;
- stop receiving unwanted direct marketing;
- ask for Your personal information that is incorrect to be corrected; and
- make a complaint if You think We have mishandled Your personal information.
If You would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact Us at email@example.com.
12) How You may complain if We breach the Privacy Act or an Australian Privacy Principle
If You are of the view We have breached the Privacy Act or the Australian Privacy Principles in dealing with Your personal information, You may make a complaint by writing to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org from Your registered email address. We will endeavour to provide You with a response as to how We propose to deal with the complaint within 30 working days of You making the complaint.
If the complaint still remains unresolved, or You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting the following website and following the relevant steps: www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
13) Changes to this policy
14) Other important information